Copperbanded Butterfly

I have not seen happen. I have on in my sps frag tank and one in my zoa frag tank and I have not seen any problems

well when you first gt them they might not eat for a few days. I start off with black worms and live brin shrimp. One of my CBB will eat aiptasia off any thing I put in to the tank and even right out of my hand. When there feeling comfortable they will eat all most anything.

it is a battle at first

I have a CBB for 3 years now what he did is eliminate aiptasia and I have never seen him nip on any corals he will go under them hunting but never direct.

Last edited:
do copperbanded butterflies eat bristle worms and other zoathanid nuisance creatures??

Mine ate mysis right away, but has not touched aiptasia yet. it's been about 10 days sense i got it. I heard they eat clams, but if it touches my clam, it will no longer be mine!

kanglee00

I am also curious about these fish being safe around soft corals. I have a peppermint shrimp that I caught eating my Sun Coral last night and I need something else to control aiptasia in my tank.

i have had mine for about 3 years. he eats aiptasia and coco/tube worms along with mysis. he had never touched my clams or any other corals. but no coco/tube worms for me.