Apex Setup Assistance -

Thanks to the help & generosity of this site I'm still in the hobby. If it weren't for the good will and generosity of fellow reefers my family wouldn't have the reef we have today. So in thanks to this community I want to offer up my services for getting your apex setup and programmed to manage your reef, at home and away. In order for me to be able to help you out I need to set some expectations.

- I will do my best but I can't guarantee anything...there is the chance I can't get it done and you'll need to contact Neptune Systems
- We will try to get you up & running via remote access first, only after trying this will I consider driving to your place
- You must have tried to get this done yourself prior to getting help; in the long run you'll need to manage this yourself so best to be familiar with what's going on; I can tell if you've just skipped the reading with the questions I will have for you.
- If I need to come over, it will not be free. I haven't really charged before but the fact is that the gas money I spend affects more than just me...not to mention the time away from my wife and kids.

So how will this work?
Getting in Line- Send me a PM with the following information: Your name (not SN), your general availability (e.g. "Weekdays in the evening"), your Internet Service Provider, the make/model of your router, your Apex firmware. I will put you on a list published in this thread

Scheduling- I will try to get to at least two people per week. If you're next in line I'll contact you to setup a time. If you're not able to I will move to the next person in line but you will hold your place (you won't go to the end of the line).

Remote Session- We will attempt to get it done via remote (i.e. me sitting in my house on my PC remoting into your home PC). There will be a 2 hour limit to this session although we can go longer if I'm up for it. We can setup more sessions if necessary. All of this will be no charge...welcome to kick me a frag but not necessary

On-site Assistance- If we cannot get it done via remote access I'll setup a time for me to come over and get it done on site. There will be a flat rate of $25 for my time. If you have SPS I may accept frags instead of cash but it's up to me. There will also be a $5 per 20 miles away from zip code 90806. So if you live within 20 miles it's $5. If you live 21 miles it's $10, and so on. These rates will apply per visit so if I need to come out more than once the "fees" will apply to each visit. Generally I get it done in one visit but you never know. I'll limit my onsite session to 3 hours max unless I can stay longer. For those that think $5 is too much for $20 remember that I'll go home so I'm actually traveling 40 miles round trip. This seems fair to me and hopefully to you too. If not, you'll need to find other options.

Oh, you're an SCR Supporter? Good news, your flat rate is $15. Gas rates still apply. You must be a paid Supporter at the time of assistance, not the time you sign up.

I'm a nice guy and might wave fees based on my whims but please don't expect it. I've had a great time and have met some great folks setting up apexes but it does take time away from my own family & tank and the gas expense is no joke when we're all so spread out. I just want to offer this service but do so in a way that's fair to me and my family as well. I hope this is helpful to some.

Last edited:
i'm gonna try to work out the dynamic IP thing tonight. can't honestly say i remembered all the technical stuff from your presentation.. >_< if i can't get it to work, i'll probably bug ya soon. It would have been nice to be able to monitor the tank this weekend.. :)

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Omar, you still using Join.me for remote session? If so, maybe have the end user install it already before you start your remote session to help speed up the process.

Thank You for this Omar i just bought my apex system from Chance Of Coral (i highly recommend them) i will be installing the system today and thank you for the link you sent me earlier today!
If your in need of any equipment check out chance of coral in cypress ,CA they have great prices! and excellent customer service. http://www.chanceofcoral.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/a-chance-of-coral-cypress-5?nb=1

https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Chance-of-Coral/325201334203318
Thanks to the help & generosity of this site I'm still in the hobby. If it weren't for the good will and generosity of fellow reefers my family wouldn't have the reef we have today. So in thanks to this community I want to offer up my services for getting your apex setup and programmed to manage your reef, at home and away. In order for me to be able to help you out I need to set some expectations.

- I will do my best but I can't guarantee anything...there is the chance I can't get it done and you'll need to contact Neptune Systems
- We will try to get you up & running via remote access first, only after trying this will I consider driving to your place
- You must have tried to get this done yourself prior to getting help; in the long run you'll need to manage this yourself so best to be familiar with what's going on; I can tell if you've just skipped the reading with the questions I will have for you.
- If I need to come over, it will not be free. I haven't really charged before but the fact is that the gas money I spend affects more than just me...not to mention the time away from my wife and kids.

So how will this work?
Getting in Line- Send me a PM with the following information: Your name (not SN), your general availability (e.g. "Weekdays in the evening"), your Internet Service Provider, the make/model of your router, your Apex firmware. I will put you on a list published in this thread

Scheduling- I will try to get to at least two people per week. If you're next in line I'll contact you to setup a time. If you're not able to I will move to the next person in line but you will hold your place (you won't go to the end of the line).

Remote Session- We will attempt to get it done via remote (i.e. me sitting in my house on my PC remoting into your home PC). There will be a 2 hour limit to this session although we can go longer if I'm up for it. We can setup more sessions if necessary. All of this will be no charge...welcome to kick me a frag but not necessary

On-site Assistance- If we cannot get it done via remote access I'll setup a time for me to come over and get it done on site. There will be a flat rate of $25 for my time. If you have SPS I may accept frags instead of cash but it's up to me. There will also be a $5 per 20 miles away from zip code 90806. So if you live within 20 miles it's $5. If you live 21 miles it's $10, and so on. These rates will apply per visit so if I need to come out more than once the "fees" will apply to each visit. Generally I get it done in one visit but you never know. I'll limit my onsite session to 3 hours max unless I can stay longer. For those that think $5 is too much for $20 remember that I'll go home so I'm actually traveling 40 miles round trip. This seems fair to me and hopefully to you too. If not, you'll need to find other options.

Oh, you're an SCR Supporter? Good news, your flat rate is $15. Gas rates still apply. You must be a paid Supporter at the time of assistance, not the time you sign up.

I'm a nice guy and might wave fees based on my whims but please don't expect it. I've had a great time and have met some great folks setting up apexes but it does take time away from my own family & tank and the gas expense is no joke when we're all so spread out. I just want to offer this service but do so in a way that's fair to me and my family as well. I hope this is helpful to some.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
bahahaha...i think it's hilarious omar that i didnt ask you to come over and help and automatically you are assuming that i'm some sort of shmuck that couldnt figure it out and therefore you placed me on the list anyway. you seriously think that i just put the apex back in the box a couple months ago and its sitting in my closet?

well, you would be correct. lmao....but i have a good proposition for you if you come over. bring the wife (jeff) and your wife and ash and we can walk over to bj's and drinks and appetizers on me ; )
and i will invite the scr mascot sanwichito and his s&m daddy shawn reefus pieces to slap him around just in case he gets out of line also.

Last edited:
good for you to help people out. fair price for something people need.
Thanks bro.

i'm gonna try to work out the dynamic IP thing tonight. can't honestly say i remembered all the technical stuff from your presentation.. >_< if i can't get it to work, i'll probably bug ya soon. It would have been nice to be able to monitor the tank this weekend.. :)
Let me know...just keep the hell hounds off of me...

i just want you to come over put me on the list.
i can help tangwich
Sanh- please don't "help" anyone, please. Please, just don't.

Omar, you still using Join.me for remote session? If so, maybe have the end user install it already before you start your remote session to help speed up the process.
I'm going to use teamviewer. It requires a download from the person you're helping but having them setup join.me would be equally complicated I think. After a few consults I may just pay for the year of join.me

can I pay you in back rubs while whispering sweet nothings in your ear?
Lmao, I still owe you one for the overflow lid (and I could use another for the new tank, hint hint) but I'll take that back-rub!

Thank You for this Omar i just bought my apex system from Chance Of Coral (i highly recommend them) i will be installing the system today and thank you for the link you sent me earlier today!
If your in need of any equipment check out chance of coral in cypress ,CA they have great prices! and excellent customer service. http://www.chanceofcoral.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/a-chance-of-coral-cypress-5?nb=1

https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Chance-of-Coral/325201334203318
Chance of Coral is a quality operation run by two good dudes. Hope that links helps.

bahahaha...i think it's hilarious omar that i didnt ask you to come over and help and automatically you are assuming that i'm some sort of shmuck that couldnt figure it out and therefore you placed me on the list anyway. you seriously think that i just put the apex back in the box a couple months ago and its sitting in my closet?

well, you would be correct. lmao....but i have a good proposition for you if you come over. bring the wife (jeff) and your wife and ash and we can walk over to bj's and drinks and appetizers on me ; )
and i will invite the scr mascot sanwichito and his s&m daddy shawn reefus pieces to slap him around just in case he gets out of line also.
lmfao...you had me going bro. I was like, "****, I really pissed off Jesse...but he did ask me for help..." Lol
I like that deal...let's do it! Unfortunately I'd also have to bring my kids (4 & 2). We can't get rid of them and last time I left them locked in the closet it got kinda weird with the neighbors...

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Hahaha I'm down ese!

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Lmao..ok sounds like a deal. Now lets just work on a good day for everyone, especially mr busy pants oredith.

Latest posts