SCMAS Meeting February 16th -*Nuisance Algae

SCMAS Meeting

When: Friday, February 16, 2018 @ 7:00 p.m.
Where: IHOP, 1001 E 17th St, Santa Ana CA 92701-2546

Topic: Nuisance Algae
This months meeting we will discuss Nuisance Algae. This month will be a round table discussion about the topic that plages us all at one point or another. Even the most advanced reefers have issues with these algae from time to time. Steve Garrett has volunteered to bring his microscope in to help identify your Nuisance Algae issues. Please bring samples of any Nuisance Algae that you are having issues with.

Also don't forget, February 17th is the first SCMAS field trip! See email for more details.

My daughter Mia wanted me to advise you all that she will be bringing Girl Scout cookies to sell at the meeting. If you know what you want, shoot me a email and I will make sure she has it ready for you. She can also bring to the Field trip as well.

Don't forget to bring your water samples to have them tested by Steve Garrett. (He may not be able to test depending on how many algae samples there are.)

Also, be sure to get your raffle tickets for another amazing raffle!

We have 3 100 gallon treatments of Reef HD Fluconazole "Reef Flux" in tonights raffle.

Also-

Kessil H80 with Mini Gooseneck
Blue life USA red Cyano RX
Boyd Chemiclean red Cyano Bacteria Remover Treatment
Red Sea NO3 PO4-X Algae Management supplement
Red Sea Algae Control Multi NO3/PO4 Test kit
Poly Filters
Aquamaxx Phosphate Granular Ferricoxide Filter media GFO 2 LBS
ATI Lab Test kit for ICP-OSE Complete WaterAnalysis
Vertex Rx-U 1.5 Media reactor

Last edited:
Does anyone have a piece of live rock I can have or buy from ya? Fist sized, covered in coralline and no algae. I'd be eternally grateful.

Does anyone have a piece of live rock I can have or buy from ya? Fist sized, covered in coralline and no algae. I'd be eternally grateful.
I might have something lying around... I'll bring it tonight..

And a BUMP for tonight's meeting!!