Fire fish goby help

So I bought two fire fish gobies a few weeks back. One of the firefish always hid and only came out during feeding and the other usually always comes out regardless of feeding or not. About a week later I noticed I didn't see the more timid goby anymore and thought perhaps it died. Well today upon feeding the tank I spotted the missing fish! Its too long sail fin was super short and it started to eat and then I noticed the goby go right at it and scared it back into the rocks. I watched for ten minutes the one goby constantly try to keep the other goby from eating. If I add a third goby will it be enough to distract the aggressive one to allow the timid one and third goby to be able toneas well? I've never seen a firefish goby be aggressive and I can't seem to find much on google. My tank is. 50 gallon corner tank with one blue damsel, one tomato clown, three chromis, two yellow fined damsels, and of course the gobies.

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
From liveaquaria "This member of the Gobiidae family is generally not aggressive towards other fish except those of its own species. However, a mated pair can live peacefully together"

So you must not have a mated pair

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I use to have 3 but 2 of them paired up and bullied the other pretty bad, basically killed the other one, think they made it jump outta the tank..

Firefish are also racist to other firefish. I have 5 red ones and 1 purple one. The red ones bully and keep the purple one in a corner at all times.