Generators

Does anyone here hook up a power generator to their tank if power going to be out for a couple hours maybe days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
No I have batteries for powerheads

No I have batteries for powerheads
Yea I dont but seems like if I did have batteries they would die before I got power 7hrs without so far.. so I purchased a generator and have return Ato and a fan running plus some lights and another fan... just curious to see if other people do this or just rely on batterys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple generators, and thankfully have never had to use them for this purpose yet. My wife may not be too excited if we lose power and I choose to plug in my tank instead of the refrigerator haha

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
for a few hours up to a day a battery powered air pump will take care of the tank. Few days is a def problem though. I'd probably have to do a fish and coral fire sale lol

mmuro

I have both battery packs and generators. I might be converting my home to solar so that I'll always have power.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I have a generator. My generator is strong enough to run returns and heaters/fans for 3 tanks, my fridge/freezer, my freezer in the garage and a TV and PS4. I've had to use it a handful of times over the years and I'm very grateful purchased one.