Your Choice Aquatics DC16 Skimmer

hipertec

For you guys that have a small sump area and want to upgrade to a monster skimmer.

I upgraded to a SCA Aquarium 50 Gallon PnP tank that came with stand, tank, sump, skimmer, and return pump. Its a great plug and play setup and works really well.

The sump is nice but small being that the 50G tank is a cube. With that said, the supplied SCA301 skimmer works good but I wanted to "upgraded" as I know a good and BIG skimmer is a must for any reef tank. My footprint on the skimmer section is only 7"x8" - so my choices was very limited and I wanted a quiet skimmer.

I came across Your Choice Aquatics skimmer DC13 (smaller footprint) that has a DC pump and controller. When looking deeper into the models, they have a DC 16 skimmer (rated up to 250G!) that fits into a 7"x7" - so took a chance on this skimmer that it will fit in my limited space AND cross fingers that it will not vibrate and make noise.

All I can say is WOW!!! - this DC16 skimmer kicks some BUTT! IT fit perfectly into my sump AND super quiet since it is a DC pump with controller! The controller allows the adjustment of power and even has a cool feature that pauses for 30 minutes and turn back on automatically, for feeding my corals.

Now I have a huge skimmer- producing AMAZING skimming in my SCA 50G Cube Tank.

The pictures speak for themselves:

The DC16 pull alot of crap out of my tank that the SCA301 wasnt even able too and SUPER QUIET.

I know this may be overrated for my tank but I can always turn down the power of the pump, if needed and my old skimmer wasnt able to perform as well is this one.

Attachments

Duraace9sp

2020 Philanthropist
Yes......best bang for the buck out there in my opinion. I am running the Your Choice Aquatics DC-22 in a 120 and a Nyos 220 in another 120. I'd buy another Your Choice Aquatics in a second.....

Latest posts