The Official "Who's-Bringing-What" to MAX thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's tally shall we:
Kevin and Tammy, both handicapped, manage to do something for the entire community.
We bring you the Marine Aquarium Expo, nine years in a row
we bring you dozens of coral sellers
we bring you dozens of manufacturers
we bring you dozens of attendees (laughing at myself on that one) Honk! Honk!
we bring you dozens of thousands of dollars in raffle prizes
we bring you things for your kids to enjoy.....
the list goes on and on.....
don't forget the mermaids :a31:

robert_ellis

Premium Member
Supporter
He may not lose an ounce of sleep but he prides himself on doing something good for the community by putting on this show. I can't even imagine how much time and work he and his wife put in to make the show happen throughout the year. The issue is that the because of how he handles and communicates with members of this reef community the show seems to be going down hill and may not be around much longer. This would be bad for everyone in the community.

Most of the successful business owners in this community have the thinking of making customers happy and treating them well. That is how you get repeat business and good word of mouth advertising. I hope there will be some changes so that MAX can get stronger and continue going on for years to come. Look what happened with RAP. The guys who run it treat people well and look how huge is has grown in just a few short years. Not just the local OC RAP, but also now with NY and FL shows as well. You treat people right and with respect (on and off the forums) and it will work out well for everyone. You put people down and call them not smart and unreasonable and well the opposite happens.
I agree 100%. But what does sitting here bashing him for weeks do for the hobby? Do people talking **** about kevin benefit a lfs, product manufacturers, hobbyists, etc. In any possible way? Maybe if max goes away then the vendors would sell even more at rap since there is only 1 a year. Get back to giving tank advice or trading corals or whatever it is you do.

1. more shows here in socal gives us hobbyists more opportunities to get together and share stories / experiences, as well as an easy way to see new products on the market
=> Yes
2. more exposure = more people in the hobby = bringing cost down faster = good for us hobbyists
=> double Yes
3. more shows gives flexibility for people who may not be able to make another show for one reason or another.. options are good to have
=> s s s s

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
This guy HALF gets it
Why do you always have to respond like you are so much smarter than everyone else? Why don't you just tell us what you think you are understanding that nobody else does?

We would all love to have many of these big shows happen annually and it would be a shame to lose one of the two that we do have now.

Any reason to hang out with my fishy friends and find something interesting to add to my tank is appreciated. I enjoyed the weekend at MAX. I will go back as long as you have the show.

Now if I were going to critique MAX my 2 boys were flat out upset that there was no kids contest, they were bored and wanted to leave as soon as they found out no boat race or baseball. The extra effort in that has always been appreciated. Lucky the Swap Meet had some bounce houses or I would have had to leave early.

The show seemed a little slim as far as new products or the wow factor of cutting edge reef products, and while I bought a Knife set from Cutco, why they were at a reef show???

Water at $1 per gallon was the first time I had ever been at a reef show where they charged for water and we brought extra on Sunday because of it.

Raffle tickets at $2 each is kind of expensive and I would have bought more tickets if they had a discount schedule.

Captain Jack is looking a little like he has been hitting on the crack pipe and maybe a different entertainer in the future would be welcome.

Kevin a Critique is not me taking a shot at you and you need to get better at taking criticism and learn some patience if I am busy I miss emails and black listing someone who does not jump at your offer is bad politics.

You blowing up on this message board and engaging with anything more than we will work harder for you next year is Bad Business! I do not have a degree, but I know when to silently read and take notes.

Your show has room for improvement and if you do not listen to your customers and vendors you will fail!

MadMax why are you so Mad? IT SHOWS!

Any reason to hang out with my fishy friends and find something interesting to add to my tank is appreciated. I enjoyed the weekend at MAX. I will go back as long as you have the show.

Now if I were going to critique MAX my 2 boys were flat out upset that there was no kids contest, they were bored and wanted to leave as soon as they found out no boat race or baseball. The extra effort in that has always been appreciated. Lucky the Swap Meet had some bounce houses or I would have had to leave early.

The show seemed a little slim as far as new products or the wow factor of cutting edge reef products, and while I bought a Knife set from Cutco, why they were at a reef show???

Water at $1 per gallon was the first time I had ever been at a reef show where they charged for water and we brought extra on Sunday because of it.

Raffle tickets at $2 each is kind of expensive and I would have bought more tickets if they had a discount schedule.

Captain Jack is looking a little like he has been hitting on the crack pipe and maybe a different entertainer in the future would be welcome.

Kevin a Critique is not me taking a shot at you and you need to get better at taking criticism and learn some patience if I am busy I miss emails and black listing someone who does not jump at your offer is bad politics.

You blowing up on this message board and engaging with anything more than we will work harder for you next year is Bad Business! I do not have a degree, but I know when to silently read and take notes.

Your show has room for improvement and if you do not listen to your customers and vendors you will fail!

MadMax why are you so Mad? IT SHOWS!
[MENTION=3580]pciscott[/MENTION],

this is a D@mn good post, we may not see eye to eye ...hell you may not like me but I must give props and respect. Scott is no dummy and a very good business man so +1 Scott very good points and insight from a customer much respect

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
For the record, MAX is not a paying sponsor. We allow free promotion of events, just like RAP, that will help promote the hobby. The sponsorship status will go away if things don't improve.

^ TOTAL LIE

Sorry for the people that didnt make money, i know how that goes. But I needs cheap entertainment too!

We are... I was a vendor... I helped out at LARS, SCAPE and aquarium hot deals... I tried to diffuse scary be said in earlier post... You think i didn't want people to go...? Man... I wanted a ton of people to go including all my friends... But like I said before, I only saw a handful of them...

It's not fair... We vendors put a lot of time, effort and money into this thing... I spent the whole 3 days there and that cut away from me saying my kids... If i had to do it all over again... I would've just paid to get in on Saturday and stayed home the rest of the weekend...

It was so dead, we are running around shooting eachother in the dicks with rubber bands and no one cared... Lol...

Whatever man...

Sent from my LG G4 Note using Tapatalk
What are you tryin to say i came and visited even tho i was up in the air on going! Lol

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts