Bean's 300 Gallon AGE Build

I have officially ordered myself a brand new custom AGE tank and stand. The tank will be displayed at Reef-A-Palooza on November 19th & 20th. I have never owned a tank of this size, so I am excited for my next reefing adventure.

I am always welcome to suggestions.

Tank- 72 L x 36 W x 27 T- 300 Gallons
- 3/4" Starfire on all 3 Sides
-Steel Perimeter Bracing Top and Bottom; Upgraded to 2" (trim)
-Powder Coated Gray (Tank Trim and Stand)
-Black Back; Black Silicone

Overflows- 2 x Synergy Shadow Boxes- 16" (Rated at 1500 gph each.)

Steel Stand- Powder Coated Gray; Extension added for External Plumbing. So basically the stand will be 42" Wide rather than 36" Wide. **Drawing to come later.

Sump- TBD

Flow-

2 x Ecotech Vectra M1's plumbed into 3 x Multi Swirls. I am not sure on the configuration, but probably 2 x Multis on one pump, and 1 x Multi and a Manifold on the other.

**I am not sure on the additonal flow; but I do have 3 x MP40 QDs I can use in the beginning from my previous tank.

Light-

As of right now, a 60" 10 Lamp ATI Powermodule with Reef Brite.

Skimmer-

AquaMaxx C0-5

mark.a.smith405

Premium Member
Supporter
Suggestion #1 give to me. Suggestion #2 maintain for me.

Tanks gonna be sweet dude look forward to seeing it at rap!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Subscribed. Looks like it's going to be great. Did you consider any other background color besides black? I used to always have black backgrounds until one day I got a free 60 gallon with a light blue one. Loved it so much, had such an all around "brighter" vibe to it and I felt it was more natural looking as well once I got used to it. I know it's all personal preference but thought I'd mention it.

Subscribed. Looks like it's going to be great. Did you consider any other background color besides black? I used to always have black backgrounds until one day I got a free 60 gallon with a light blue one. Loved it so much, had such an all around "brighter" vibe to it and I felt it was more natural looking as well once I got used to it. I know it's all personal preference but thought I'd mention it.
I've seen blue backed tanks... while they do look nice in their own way... I'm not really a huge fan honestly.

I feel like algae will show a lot quicker with a non black background.
It does no doubt. Black background you can get away with not cleaning it or a minimum. With the blue, it needed weekly cleaning but I didn't mind much. Aquarium cleaning and maintenance is like my meditation. Haha.