Moonlight question

I have a 150 gaal 8 ft long I would like to put moonlights in my tank but dont know what to get. I was wondering does anyone use the cheap 30 dollar blue LEDs and could you post a pic of it? Also any recomendations as to what light you think look the best in BLUE ?

current powerbrite aimed across the surface of the water.. imo its too bright for a moonlight, but it makes things POP

scott26

If you go to walmart in the auto section they have accent lights which are 3 led's blue of course and they are on balls so they can pivot in any direction... I have one of them on my 55 gallon works well two for yours should be good they are really bright not overpowering though all you need is one of those and a ac/dc power converter so that way you can plug the cigerate portion into the wall.

Zegg

umm I have. I liked them. but... upgraded to the icecap moonligh strip... like it much better now... Thinking about putting them on a dimmer and see what happens. Wish they made them in white. always liked the white moonlights.

Clifford

Premium sponsor
Harbor freight tools also has an led strip which works well. Its very bright (don't point it into the tank) Frys sells a cooling fan with four led lights thats really cool either are under $20

D

DETANE

go to ikea. They have some LED lights that can change color. Blue is the moonlight setting I use in my tank and it looks nice. makes the water shimmer too.

ive used all these different ones and wasnt really happy with any of them..

current powerbrite --- too concentrated to be moonlights
R2 Solutions Dual Extreme Moonlight --- not bright enough for deep tanks
Current USA Lunar Light --- very faint
IceCap LED Moonlight Retro 470nm Tube --- just bought it..not too happy works more like an actinic than a moonlight

the best moonlights if you have a controller is the lunar mod for the AC controllers