refugium / lighting / skimmer suggestions

Hello everyone.

1.Just bought a tank from ken in the classifieds here. Tank is 30" depth and wanted too see what would good as far as lighting. I was sonsidering the coral life with the dual 250 watt and power compacts. but not sure if those will be strong enough becouse of the depth of the tank. any suggestions?

2. tank is 150 gallons how big of a refugium do you guys think I should run?

3. skimmer which one would be good for a tank of this size.

bpatrol

lighting depends on what you want to stock.. i think you will be fine with 250 halides...400 watters and you will need a chiller...good luck..bpatrol

iwantone

250 DE is strong enough unless you want to keep acroporas on the bottom third of the tank.

lol get this bad boy set up first, and yes i agree with 2 250 watters you will have heat issues and if you have a girlfriend/wife you will have that issue too when the bill comes in. As for skimmers i personally havent used one for a tank that size but have heard good things about the asm g3. Good luck keep us posted

I allready have a 950.00 a month Electricity bill so it'll be nothing new. I got 4-5 Pc's running full time / servers and AC on 24hrs a day so oh well you know.

Latest posts