Sps colony receding at base

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Hi guys,

I have a problem with one of my sps colony. Last fri, I noticed a section of it was dead when I came home from being 1 week away. This section can be seen on the top left side of the colony.

Now the base seems to be receding. All other 50+ sps are okay. My tank is a 75g, with 4 6045 nanostreams. Im thinking it might be a flow issue, so I pointed a stream at it. Could it be any other issues that could be causing this? Thanks

Tank parameter:
salinity 1.025 (refractometer)
Alk - 8.3
Ca - 450
Mag 1290

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
I was doing some research, and I think it might be due to high nutrient/phosphate..I was away from my tank for a week, and I had the autofeeder on 3 times a day which might have dispensed too much food at once

Im going to do a water change and add some gfo

Aquafrags

probably a flow issue on a colonly of that size, also alk fluctuations will cause STN

isn't that kind of normal...? i always see huge colonies either in the wild or in a tank with the bottom all dead...

i thought they did that so they can break off and start off as small colonies from the broken pieces...

isn't that kind of normal...? i always see huge colonies either in the wild or in a tank with the bottom all dead...

i thought they did that so they can break off and start off as small colonies from the broken pieces...

whered this guy go ???

Latest posts