newbie to Reef aquarium

Wannareef

:hello:
let me introduce myself, my name is Rich (wannareef), I've had a salt tank as far back as 1990, of course it was fish only, got hooked then, had one off and on since, made alot of mistakes, learned alot, not near enough though. I want to do a reef tank, I would like a 90 gallon to maybe 120, I like a 48"X 18"X 30", because of the larger viewing area, or 48"X 24"X 24", looking for a complete set up that somebody is getting rid of, Not sure how to go about setting it up the tank right the first time, so this is why I'm here, to learn from the best, ok maybe at least the experienced. Any info on what to buy and what not to would be very helpful. I live in Corona, hooked on reef tanks. gots to get me one of those !!!

Thanks

welcome rich! i'm certain the people on here can lend a helping hand. as far as what to buy and what not to buy, well that is a long topic.
your basics of what you need/would be good to have.
tank
stand
lights----very important part of the reef setup, t-5's or metal halide would be best.
protein skimmer
sump-optional but a great thing to have
much of this i'm sure you know, as far as brand names go, check out some threads ask some folks, and they'll give thier opinions. do some of your own research too, check out reviews and what not. when you are up and running and ready for your first corals let us know, we have many members that love to share the wealth to newbies, and know what corals to give, cause we were all newbies too.
enjoy
jonathan

Latest posts