DO YOU USE Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7?

I just purchased the BioFuel, and there is different dosing methods, one for med. to high nutrients, and low nutrients.

What do they mean nutrients? does this mean nitrates, ans phosphates?

jessesoto33

Supporter
It does something to your tank that makes your skimmer skim more, that's a good thing! I am using it with conjunction, with REEF BIOFULE, it takes the place of vodka dosing, and man does this stuff work, My tank never looked better, I recommend these product for reefs that need a nitrate reduction fast. It dropped my nitrates down fast, in about 2 1/2 weeks.

Kbra

So its making your skimmers go nuts and thats the sign? Isn't that just mean your dumping stuff into the tank and then the skimmer pulls it out........

jessesoto33

Supporter
Correct, it puts beneficial bacteria in your tank called aerobic, and anaerobic microbes, as well as natural enzymes, and to enhance the rate of nitrification, denitrification, and organic waste degradation.

Benefits are.
1. Rapid redution of organic carbon, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and phosphates.
2. Digestion of uneaten, and undigested food, excreta, detritus, and other stuff. (so you don't have to stir substrate).
3. Reduction of organic compounds into nutrients that encourage the growth of photosynthetic organisms, like zooxanthellae , macroalgae, and plants.
4. Greatly reduces hydrogen sulfide production.
5. Increase in dissolved oxygen concentration.
6. Limits availability of pre-existing phosphates to undesirable forms of algae, and cyanobacteria.
7. Increased water clarity.

That's why the skimmer skims better, (not crazy, but more)

Last edited: