Skimmer issues

It fills up with water in like 3 seconds when I turn it on. IO've cleaned and replaced hoses taken it all apart to check for debris. It does the same thing.

It is a month old.

Last edited:
it's a small g1 for a 45 gallon I have. I moved the adjuster all the way down and all the way up and it makes no difference.

do you use the dechlorinator on your water, or slimecoat for your fish? that will make your skimmer just push water out of your tank.
i had that problem as a newbie.

Do you see bubbles? If not, then the air inlet is blocked and water is just forced up into the neck and cup.

check your air intake and check your outflow either being blocked can cause overflow problems

it is bubbling up but just fills up with water fast. I took it all apart and there is no restriction anywhere I am going to take apart and check again no chemicals in the tank besides standard besides Iodine, mag, PH buffer you know standard stuff.

i agree, clean out the air intake. take two quarts of RODI water, and feed the sirline into it. have it draw the R/O water thru it into the skimmer... then it should be like new, worst case scenario. pull the pump out and take it apart. get a pipe cleaner and ream the venturi out....