lowering high ph

my ph has been around 8.7 for a week now and a few sps are starting to die.. ive done water changes and turned my cal rx off but still it hasnt came down... is there any other way to get it to come down to normal

thanks

Last edited:

Clifford

Premium sponsor
+1 on the vinegar. I just had that problem. I was told the vinegar is quick fix and carbon dioxide is a permanent fix at one bubble a minute. I did both and then a 90% water change been good since.

JOSE CASAS

Premium Member
Supporter
Extremely rare to have the Ph high but have heard of some case's. Vinegar lowers your Ph because bac consume your oxygen.

:top: thanks bullitr..... yah i calibrated it... never thought to check something so simple like the probe... always thinking too far ahead... did water changes, turned off the cal rx, checked all my make up water, top off, effluent ph... never the probe... dooooohhhhhh

my ph has been around 8.7 for a week now and a few frags are staring to die.. ive done water changes and turned my cal rx off but still it hasnt came down... is there any other way to get it to come down to normal
ya but you said that few frags are staring to die.. y?

i tested my pars and everything looks to be in order.. the few that are dieing are my birdsnests.. i think what shapermike told me about them dieing from the inside out is correct.. i dont think they were getting enough flow.. both the big colonies i have are dieing from the inside out..too big so theyre too dense for flow ... i sold my mp40s when i installed my closed loop.. bad idea... now i need to buy 2 more 40s or 2 waveboxs.... knew i shouldve stayed with lps and softies... sps needs so much more flow.... this **** addictive hobby

shapermike

i tested my pars and everything looks to be in order.. the few that are dieing are my birdsnests.. i think what shapermike told me about them dieing from the inside out is correct.. i dont think they were getting enough flow.. both the big colonies i have are dieing from the inside out..too big so theyre too dense for flow ... i sold my mp40s when i installed my closed loop.. bad idea... now i need to buy 2 more 40s or 2 waveboxs.... knew i shouldve stayed with lps and softies... sps needs so much more flow.... this **** addictive hobby

That is what I said about 800 gallons ago and now my wife is in to it and the gallons just keep going up.

hey mike thats how mine started.. i said a huge tank would be easier to maintain ..less fluctuations, an the wife said sounds like a good idea.. i was wrong :laugh:

now i need WAY bigger equipment and ALOT more coral to fill it :loldude:

Latest posts