Quick help please

So I just tested my water par and my Calcium is at 350 ALK is at 11.2 and MAG is at 1300. I need to dose Calcium but what do I do since my ALK is already high? Can I dose just Calcium, but will my alk increase which could cause damage to my corals?? Any input would help. Thanks.

dwl

pretty sure that if/when you dose calcium the alk either stays where it is or even drops a little.

don't take my word on it though.

good luck

Just go slow. Double check the results first and if possible cross reference with other test kit.

350 Calcium is at the low end. 11 is max for alk tho I believe. Dose slowly and the calcium will displace the alk (or the alk will slowly get used up by the tank) and should bring things back into balance. Should figure out why this happened tho. I shoot for 400 calcium, 8-9 alk and 1300-1500 mag.

You'll get good growth with those numbers. Use that as baseline and figure out dosing from there. Good job.

So I just tested my water par and my Calcium is at 350 ALK is at 11.2 and MAG is at 1300. I need to dose Calcium but what do I do since my ALK is already high? Can I dose just Calcium, but will my alk increase which could cause damage to my corals?? Any input would help. Thanks.
Hey mattmike sorry to put this on your thread but John just called me and said my tank is ready for pick up tomorrow. :top: cant' wait to see it he says it looks really nice:aqua: I'll take some pics and post them

That is awesome bud!! I can't wait to see the pics also. Ill be grabbing mine next sunday...:) If your going to buy acrylic tanks you def want to go with john at advanced acrylics. NO QUESTIONS ASKED!
Hey mattmike sorry to put this on your thread but John just called me and said my tank is ready for pick up tomorrow. :top: cant' wait to see it he says it looks really nice:aqua: I'll take some pics and post them

That is awesome bud!! I can't wait to see the pics also. Ill be grabbing mine next sunday...:) If your going to buy acrylic tanks you def want to go with john at advanced acrylics. NO QUESTIONS ASKED!
Yes I second that John's a great guy and he will give you a great deal on whatever you decide on getting.