Hey from Irvine :)

smooth

Well, here I am...

Came over from SDReefs, glad I found yah.
Actually, disturbing trend I'm noticing a lot of banned RCers...hmmm, could I have been, too ;) Lots of axed posts and accounts from "beerguy"

Luckily we have such a strong presence that I think this site is probably going to meet all of my needs anyway. I'll just go back to buying off RC when I see something I absolutely need...but I find that as I get tied in more with the local peeps that I find everything I need right down the road.

Anyway, my name's Michael and a few of you know me under different identity and in real life. I'll be starting my tank build thread very soon and I think you'll all be *very* pleased with my plans ;)

R

reefer714

How big is the new tank? What are you planning to keep? I know corals but sps, lps or softies? Thanks

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Welcome Michael. We all look forward to you documenting your new tank on this site.:dancing2:

smooth

The tank is a 250 (approx.) bullnose.
It's got the overflow on the left, 7 ft of length, and then a rounded end.

I plan on putting my japanese dragon moray eel in there and an island in the middle, a wall of rock covering the overflow and if I've got enough room for him to swim, a 16" coral shark that is reported to only grow to ~20 inches.

I keep LPS/softies now. Graduated from SPS ;)
Haha...anyway, I'm looking for a viewable sump/fuge since the stand is open to sight all around. I'll be turning that into a night display tank of seagrass/lagoon style.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Oh you decided to keep the other dragon after all? I remembered your other dragon choked to death:(

sounds like a real nice setup

smooth

I always planned to keep one dragon.
I bought this tank to keep them both! :(

After no one wanted her, I decided to just make another tank for the two of them again (they started out together but the female got fiesty).

But if I was only to keep one, I would have preferred to keep the smaller of the two, which is what I'm left with...

weeeeell, technically, I still have both. Anyone know of a good taxidermist :hmmmm2: :help:

R

reefer714

I always planned to keep one dragon.
I bought this tank to keep them both! :(

After no one wanted her, I decided to just make another tank for the two of them again (they started out together but the female got fiesty).

But if I was only to keep one, I would have preferred to keep the smaller of the two, which is what I'm left with...

weeeeell, technically, I still have both. Anyone know of a good taxidermist :hmmmm2: :help:
Are you planning to sell one? I have a large fuge with lots of macro :laugh:

R

reefer714

Where did you get the hook up from? I love them eel, i remember tong used to have 1 for $1600

smooth

It was a store out in inland empire.
I paid a pretty hefty price.

I was letting that large one go for *cheap*
I was surprised no one bit on it, I even went down to 1200 to a couple PMs.
You can barely buy juveniles for that...and I had them trained and eating everything under the sun for over a year and a half :O

smooth

Yeah, I had it listed on SDReefs first. I usually give my homebase first shot.
The fact of the matter is I didn't *really* want to sell her and I didn't need the money...just couldn't keep the smaller in a 30 gallon much longer. He's just been chilling my display fuge...but now it's all good.