Ready for a big change

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Im sure most of you guys know my situation and when things seems to have been improving, it goes bad again. To tell you the truth, I have hated this hobby for the past couple of months. I hate going home to a dying tank. All he time I dedicated to this tank and not to mention all the $ has slowly gone down the drain. I have done all I can, but now I will go to extreme measures. I am ready to do a 100 percent water change. Right now I have 100 gallons worth of scripps water and 50 gallons worth of mixed water waiting for the big change tomorrow. I tested all water and adjust with Cal, Alk, and Mag. Water is circulating and heating. I am aiming at tomorrow morning for the big change. I am still worried about the quality of the scripps water because of the wild fire. I have gotten the ok from a few people who uses it. Wish me luck everyone.:bawling:

pookstreet

Good luck Mike. I thought you were going to do something drastic to the site :D You should be alright. If anything, I'll be happy to donate some frags if you ever need them.

Good luck! I too thought there was some major change going to happen to the site :D

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Sorry to hear about your tank problems. I've never seen a 100% WC done, I hope all goes well, best of luck!
me either!! it was suggested by a member on here before. I just see it as transferring my coral and fish to a new tank with new clean water.

Im going through the same thing as you mikee....I feel your pain....

I lost a lot of SPS about 2 weeks ago....good thing you and I have friends that will hook us up with frags

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Im going through the same thing as you mikee....I feel your pain....

I lost a lot of SPS about 2 weeks ago....good thing you and I have friends that will hook us up with frags
yes, so many generous people out there

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
UPDATE: I did my huge water change last friday. I changed out about 130 gallons of water out of 150. I didnt do a 100% water change because I didnt want to bother taking the fish out of the tank. Things are looking good. Im starting to see polyp extensions on corals that were stning and werent showing any polyp extensions. I was able to rearrange my rocks so there is more flow to circulate around. As soon as I am 100% sure that my tank is stablized, I will start to restock.:D

Woohoo.........Good new indeed..........

I would suggest doing more frequent WC's for the next few weeks, not big, but 20% or so, just to get whatever it was in your tank diluted to as low a level as possible.

Woohoo.........Good new indeed..........

I would suggest doing more frequent WC's for the next few weeks, not big, but 20% or so, just to get whatever it was in your tank diluted to as low a level as possible.
:dito: I'm glad to hear your getting polyp extension, I know you must feel relieved and happy about your coral, keep us updated.