whats the deal with soft corals

Whats the deal?

My few stony corals, many zoas, acans and bubble and hammer corals, and even clams look great, open and growing. The soft corals like toadstool and 1 other soft coral look closed up, for about about a week and a half now. I change my water every other week about 20 %.

All parameters are good.

Cal - 500 or so, i slowed down on dosing 2 part
Mag 1300 or so
ALk - 11 or so
Nitrate doesnt show up
Phosphate lower than test will show,

I recently use the 2 little fishes phosphate remover about 150 grams for 100 gallon tank. The reactor is running 24/7 about 3 weeks, so i removed yesterday. Could this be the problem that water is too clean for soft corals?

Also, i checked my RO DI unit its at 17 ppm, then i check my mixing trash can, water was over 1000 ppm. I even checked the hand unit with solution and it was 807 for 800 solution. Does water that is at 17 ppm go to over a 1000 ppm by just sitting for a few days? Or did something pollute it, its located in my garage so i know its pretty clean in there? Might be my kid idling there dirtbike in garage? I'm going to dump this batch of water and mix it outside this time.

Thanks in advance!

soft corals generally take a minute to get used to a new environment, or open up due to stress

Latest posts