Test kits

JOSE CASAS

Premium Member
Supporter
What test kits are you guys using to test Cal, Alk, mag, po4 and no3? I am using API for cal and alk. For mag I am using Elos. No3 API again and Hanna photometer for po4. This works but have noticed test kits are expensive now geesh. What do you use?:aqua:

I take my water to a friend of mine to get the water tested, however, I have considered testing it myself. I hate the way the tests work though. I wish it was just a numbers thing and I could just put the water in something and it would give me plain numbers.

I use LaMotte for alk and Calc. I have used just about every other brand out there and nothing is as precise/works as well imho. They sell refills--less than $15.00 each for refills. If you test once a week it last about a year. Initially the whole kit sells for about $40 each but again, I test once a week and that's a year's supply.

I've never tested my water in the last 3 years... I use the (KISS) "keep it simple stupid" method. Those who have seen my tank can probably chime in on how my tank looks. :)

I've never tested my water in the last 3 years... I use the (KISS) "keep it simple stupid" method. Those who have seen my tank can probably chime in on how my tank looks. :)
Chiming in, sweet tank...

As too the original question, salifert for cal and alk, elos for mg and hanna checker for po4...