Getting Rid of my Eels... Need Advice...

Ctimpson

So After lots of contamplation, I have decided to get rid of both my eels... Reason being is I want to have some of the symbiotic relationships that we commonly see in our tanks, such as a watchman goby and a pistol shrimp... Cleaner shrimps setting up cleaning stations, and my clowns with their soon to be anemone... My eels are still really small, but they will of course get bigger and start to hunt more than they already do... I cannot keep any inverts in my tank and this has become a problem... My question to you all is this: Can anyone recommend lots of smaller fish to really liven up the tank. Such species as PseudoChromis, some gobies, and possibly some dartfish... I have been looking online at the strawberry pseudochromis, the royal gramma basslets, and purple firefish... Can anyone recommend some of their favorites and what your experience with these fish have been... Another question that I have been trying to find an answer for is can you keep multiple speciems from the same family of fish, mainly, can I keep both a yellow headed watchman goby and a diamond watchman goby, or say two different kinds of blennies? Would it matter if one of the gobies was a shrimp goby and the other a sand sifting goby? I appreciate all your input... Also, besides the eels, I currently have 5 blue/Green Chromis, 2 Gold Stripe Maroon Clowns, a Coral Beauty, and a Blonde Naso, in the 135, so without the eels there is plenty of room for lots or smaller livestock...

More than likely, I will be giving these to my LFS for credit, but if anyone would like a 12" snowflake eel or a 16" really laid back Gymnothorax Tile, Let me know...

Last edited:

Latest posts