Dosers for CA/MG/ALK

I am building a standard dimension 60 gal w a 36" tall stand, I want to dose CA, MG, and ALK with (a) doser(s)/timer(s) I have an aquacontroller jr. by neptune...can I mix them all together and just use 1 doser? if so, does the mix go bad? Does anyone do "randy's recipe"? will it all fit in my stand? I have my lighting, flow, basic filtration, and phosphates all addressed, if I can get some good help in this department I would be ecstatic :rofl:, thanks in advance...

-Mark

You cannot mix additives for Alk/Ca/Mag. They need to be added separately.

I would use three dosers (or just two, one for Alk and CA each and dose Mag manually when needed).

You will need digital timers that allow you to dose for seconds (not minutes) as a 60 gallon heavily stocked is only going to need 30-50ml per day of each 2 part additive.

A Calcium reactor would be the most automated way to do all three additives at once, but it's pricey and you need the space for it.

- MikeT

You cannot mix additives for Alk/Ca/Mag. They need to be added separately.

I would use three dosers (or just two, one for Alk and CA each and dose Mag manually when needed).

You will need digital timers that allow you to dose for seconds (not minutes) as a 60 gallon heavily stocked is only going to need 30-50ml per day of each 2 part additive.

A Calcium reactor would be the most automated way to do all three additives at once, but it's pricey and you need the space for it.

- MikeT
+1......