Scoly RTN

surfer85

I've had a wild scoly for almost 2 years now. Got it on a piece of LR and if grew to about 1" diameter. I've recently put my LED build on the tank so I've been looking at each coral very closely to make sure nothing bad is happening. Everything was doing great until I got home today and my G/F grabbed my hand and took me to the tank. My scoly has lost about a 1/4 of it's tissues over night. I fed it tuesday and it took the chunck of food with no problems. It hasn't showed any signs of illness or anything. But now 1/4 of it is gone. I'm going to test my levels in a couple minutes but anyone have an thoughts on this. My LEDs have been over the tank for well over a week now. I've got them on very low to acclimate everything to the new lighting. I just did an iodine dip too.

ALK=9
CA=430
PHOS=0
NITRATE=0
TEMP=79

I was thinking it could be because of the LEDs but it never displayed anything abnormal durning the day time. All the tissue loss was during the night when all lights were off. I looked at it right before I went to bed and then my GF noticed it when the blue lights came on.

check for black bugs kid... go on RC and search "black bugs"...

google them as well... and prey you don't have them... you'll need to use interceptor...

how does it look now...???

surfer85

It hasn't lost any more tissue. It ate some mysis last night. I'll google the bugs. Thanks alot...really hope I don't have them.