Acropora Crab

+1 Cmartin Gorilla crabs are BAD
I have had to catch and remove a few of the hairy ones they call them gorilla crabs they are bad. If he looks like this one take him out

If it is smooth, you are ok, but I personally dont recommend keeping any of them, as even the smooth colonial crabs still move over the coral causing the acro to retract it's polyps, lessing the time it has to feed. The more the polyp are open,the more it will feed, the healthier it will stay. My opinion.....

I noticed these little crabbys, come from acros recently acquired from the wild, sometimes had up to 3 per acros, they lived for about no more than a mtonth. You'll you see them bellied up on the floor of tank..

Arco Crabs

I noticed these little crabbys, come from acros recently acquired from the wild, sometimes had up to 3 per acros, they lived for about no more than a mtonth. You'll you see them bellied up on the floor of tank..
You noticed 3 gorilla crabs(also called teddy bear crabs) or acro crabs? I've had an acro crab for 3 years in my green poc. He is still about the size of a dime. Love that little guy.

He is my fav Critter in my tank

Yes. You're lucky to have one that long. There suppose to take care of the coral where they live, from what I read.
He takes great care of his home. Since he climbed in the poc it is fluffier and brighter than it was. He keeps it nice and clean. Very fun to feed and watch. My daughter loves him too. She has to see him everyday.

I actually want 3 more. Will try my luck with them.