Checked in luggage with frags?

Just curious, has anyone checked in a box with frags on a flight before? Specifically on Southwest? Please share your experience. Thanks.

wow that's a good question man hand carry may be but check in baggage do you know how rough this people handle your lauggage.

Last edited:
I think I would worry more about if the baggage compartment is pressurized and or heated. I'd hate to have exploded or frozen bags.

Colin

I've shipped frags many times so I am not worried about the handling or the flight. I am just curious how the airlines treat these checked luggage that contain water and corals.

The only problem is that you are only allow containers with liquid of no more than 3 ounces in your carry-on nowadays so that isn't possible anymore.

Yep, everything worked out just fine. I was actually carrying up some frags with me to someone who purchased them. I was worried at first until I saw the box being loaded into the plane as I sat there at the window seat. My main concern was how Southwest and TSA would treat such a package. I didn't tell SWA that it was live animals and apparently TSA didn't need to open the box. I did leave out the heat pack though b/c it would look suspcious in the X-ray.

Latest posts