Submersible Pump Suggestion

Nick_kun

I'm thinking of switching my Gen-X submersible pump (950gph) to another pump thats quieter, any suggestions. I'm planning to run the return to my 1/4 chiller to the main tank.

- Nick

R

reefer714

Have you check out the Eheim 1262 yet? Im using one to mix the salt and it is very quiet, energy efficient and around 900gph.

Nick_kun

I'll definately check that out. What would be a smaller pump that can handle a 54" return? I want to maximize my skimmers efficiency.

- Nick

R

reefer714

How big is your skimmer? is it Recir? How many GPH do you need to feed that bad boy? Are you planning on Feeding Via overflow box? You can go with the Eheim 1260 50w 600+gph also very quiet and cool.

R

reefer714

FYI, i have use the eheim 1260 as a return in customer 150g tank (when i work at Tong) after 5-6f of head pressure the pump still pushing pretty good. You can go with the eheim 1260 to feed your chiller and return back to the tank.

Nick_kun

sorry, I didn't word my question corrently. I'm planning to use a smaller/less powerful pump for a return to have a slower drain, so the skimmer which is an RPS200 can better skim the water comming down. Sorry for the confusion. Whoa, I didn't know you worked at Tongs.

- Nick

How big is your skimmer? is it Recir? How many GPH do you need to feed that bad boy? Are you planning on Feeding Via overflow box? You can go with the Eheim 1260 50w 600+gph also very quiet and cool.

R

reefer714

sorry, I didn't word my question corrently. I'm planning to use a smaller/less powerful pump for a return to have a slower drain, so the skimmer which is an RPS200 can better skim the water comming down. Sorry for the confusion. Whoa, I didn't know you worked at Tongs.

- Nick
USED to work at Tong for 3yrs (parttime). Eheim 1260 should do the job.

Here is some useful information
http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_pumps_eheim_universal_hobby_powerheads_information.asp

Latest posts