dose vodka

vodka is an organic carbon source. you can also dose sugar or vinegar. There's a lot of extensive write-ups on this subject. It is a controversial thing, however. Do a google search for "vodka dosing in aquarium" and you can find some really good essays. Some have had really good experiences with this, and some not. I really want to try this myself, but I don't want to screw up something that's already working fine. Let me know how it goes.

zigginit

this is how i would do it if i was you. one shot for the tank and one shot for me. lol. jk from what i read before you use like .01 ml per gallon or something very small like that. i have some vodka righ here next to me so maybe ill read it up some more and try it out. im sure it cant be too bad in small amounts like that.

it would be funny to see a drunk hermit crab anyway

daily...

i dose vinegar... but for the kalkwasser... but it does the same thing... killed off all my macro algaes and mangroves... but that's a great thing... but... also made those micro feather dusters grow out of control, but a copperband butterfly ate them all...

iglowce

daily...

i dose vinegar... but for the kalkwasser... but it does the same thing... killed off all my macro algaes and mangroves... but that's a great thing... but... also made those micro feather dusters grow out of control, but a copperband butterfly ate them all...
can you explain why it killed macro algae on one hand, and created a feather duster bloom on the other?

can you explain why it killed macro algae on one hand, and created a feather duster bloom on the other?
no i cannot...

but that's just what it did... well... you're supposed to take out your macros and junk when vodka, or carbon dosing...

also... carbon dosing feeds all your micro organisms in the live rock... like nitrification bacteria and such... so maybe the micro feather dusters fall into that fauna category...

but i dunno... that's just what it did in my tank... but YMMV...

Latest posts