I Am Super Sad!

Thanks goes out to all you guys! To me this is what this site and hobby is about, meeting people in the local community and being able to help everyone out.

To the guys who are so generous to help me with donating a couple frags... If it survives (And i think they are going to as it they haven't started to deteriorate at all) I will give each of you three an eye or two of either my Grape Watermelon chalice, or I have one two eye frag of Blue Watermelon chalice. Again both look like they are going to survive...

Here are what they look like... For reference... I just shot these not even 2 minutes ago...=)

The Grape Watermelon...

The Blue Watermelon...

And... It's good to see at least something is happy in my tank.... ORANGE BAM BAMS

man... those pictures are horrible... i don't feel as bad now... my crash could've been a lot worse... man that sucks mike...
G-Unit - Ya, it seriously sucks. I totaled it up and Market value (Per eye on the chalice colonies and Per head on the Ultra Rainbows and different Acans and other LPS i lost) I lost about $2,000 worth of livestock including an $80 wrasse. Also, unfortunately I think my Tyree LE Fire and Ice chalice is going to be gone shortly also, it had i think 3-6 eyes. Really sucks man.

I also want to give a thanks to Chad at NAA, he hooked me up with a Remora skimmer and some carbon and other stuff, I needed in a hurry...SO.... THANKS CHAD!

By the way... Are we going to get a group together to roll to CFM?

i will need a ride... but, i don't know if i'm gonna have funds... this leopard gecko project has turned out something fierce... but i'd be down to go just to shoot teh pig in the face... wait... is that how you say it...?

yeah chad is the man... i have to go visit him soon...

jessesoto33

Supporter
Cool! I like the The Blue Watermelon! and Chad is a stand up guy, very cool!!! and if the CFM wasn't on a Sunday I would go, but must go to Church!

An Update...

As for my display...

It seems that after having a Remora Skimmer on it all night, much of the disolved organics have been taken out. The water is not really cloudy anymore and I added 2 cups of carbon to keep the water free of any residual toxins that might have been released by any of the corals as they died off. I will keep the carbon in there for another few weeks. I have been dosing PH Buffer as well as Cal, Mag, Strontium, Iodine, Iodide.

Overall, It seems that it is taking a turn for the better. All of my fish seem to be pretty happy and they all look healthy again. I can't wait to get the water params back to where they should be so I can continue collecting!

If you are going to cfm i can hook you up on some sps to get you going again provided youre params are in check
lmk
jasper

can you post a full tank shot before and after
Here is what it looked like before... I had many more LPS (Chalices and Acans) but this is basically what it looked like... Obviously it was much more grown out... But you can get an idea of it.

Note: in this picture I hadn't started my chalice collection, when my tank crashed I had 15 chalices and about 6 or 7 LE pieces. Including a couple that were on the block for LE status. For reference this picture was taken about 5 months ago.

I will have to take a picture tomorrow of the current tank condition. Let's just say it is very....Bare. Only a couple pieces remain.

Some of the notable pieces in this picture. Sunset montipora, Two christmas favia colonies, a nuclear green colony, Obviously the huge Orange Crush Acan Echinata, another white and green Acan Echinata colony, Neon Dot Favia colony (Left), Neon Green Leather, Radiant Wrasse. You cant see them from this angle, but there are also some LA Lakers in there as well.

If you are going to cfm i can hook you up on some sps to get you going again provided youre params are in check
lmk
jasper
Riverview - Thanks. I am not sure that I am going to keep SPS. However, I really appreciate the offer. Let me know where you are going to be and i'll stop by and say hello. Gumbii and I will probably roll together?

sorry mike... but i'm not going to be able to go to CFM... i'm going to both days of www.narbc.com i think... if not... um... maybe...? i'll let you know ASAP...
No Prob G-Unit. I know Rukis and Chad are going so I can chill with them, if in worst case. Plus Jeremy and his brother will for sure be there from Mystic and I can say what's up to them too.

Latest posts