lighting

nanonat

I am running a coralife 96w powerquad on my 20gl tall. I only have softies (srooms,gsp and zoas) but its doesnt seem bright enough and i dont know what i should upgrade to. I was using this light of my 10gl nano and everything was perfect, but after 3 moves and a vacation trip my tank crashed and upgraded to a 20gl. frilly srooms are opening but everything else isnt.

RyanLab

Shrooms will exist and open if you have them in toilet water,IMO...maybe your porblem is not lighting, but rather a water quality(Ca, Alk, Mg, NO3, pH, NO4, temp., etc) issue.

RyanLab

i was reef-ering to the fact that nanonat said his shrooms were opening, but others wont.. maybe the other corals, ones more delicate than a shroom, are suffering from the tank crashes and such because mushrooms can thrive in all environments, sometimes even unhealthy ones.

Would that be pre-flush or post-flush toilet water?

But if it is in fact a lighting concern, maybe someone should leave the seat up.

Looks like we have a few reefers moonlighting as stand-up comics here, or is it the other way around? :hmmmm:

nonanat, what RyanLab says is true. I've seen shrooms thrive in water conditions that even I wouldn't want to be in and my toilets are very clean. My suggestion is to test your water parameters first and maybe do a few water changes to see if things improve. It's much cheaper than changing out the bulbs only to find it didn't make a difference. If improving the water condition didn't help, then do as epicfish suggested, change the bulb. If neither of those work, then you have come to the wrong place.........j/k......

BTW, welcome to SocaliReefs!

i was reef-ering to the fact that nanonat said his shrooms were opening, but others wont.. maybe the other corals, ones more delicate than a shroom, are suffering from the tank crashes and such because mushrooms can thrive in all environments, sometimes even unhealthy ones.
oh, ok, that make since.

nanonat

thanks everyone...i did a water change today, the other corals are opening a bit but are not spreading. it has been running since july, but everything that survive is from my old tank.

check your water parameter additive are highly recommended calcium, alkalininity, iodine etc, etc water change as often as possible (once a week) profer salinity is also would be nice if your bulb is old you might need to replace PC normally need to be replaced every year

nanonat

i just got new lights 2 months ago, but for some reason they dont look as bright...thinkin about buying hellolights

IME things like mushrooms and zoas tend to tretch and expand with too little light, so I agree that something else may be bothering them.

Latest posts