HELP! I overdosed!

What should i do? I overdosed some alkalinity into my tank and i don't have any water to do a water change. What's the next best thing? The PH has sky rocketed. I used the TwoPart solution recipe #1. Please help asap!

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
how much did you over dose? Like an extra cup, or did the whole bottle fall in? Have you measured your alk level? If you do not have any sps, I wouldnt worry to much

Ok quick update of what i went to pick up from my cousin. i have a PH 8.3 buffer and 20 gallons of saltwater. My current tank is about 200-220 gallons included the sump. Let me know if i should just try to lower the PH with the 20 gallons and the PH Buffer. What about the Alk/KH now. It's like 11.5 or something.

use vinegar to bring it down....yes regular household vinegar. I would use about half cup at a time till you reach 8.5 or so.

I'm in Garden Grove too if you need some as an emergency
22frwy and trask. I'll be awake for about another half hour

not exactly sure as I've never measured an alk overdose. just pH
I think they run in the same direction if I remember correctly. I've overdosed Kalk on accident a couple of times and then used vinegar to bring my pH back down with no ill effect.

I've gotta hit the sack....good luck

reefmedic

If your alk is 11.5 I wouldn't worry about it that much. Many people run their alk from 10-12.

I know but my PH was like 8.8+. kool. i had to borrow 20 gallons from my cuz. that's all he had. It was MIDNIGHT aint no store open. But got some extra waters yesterday to do another water change. I'm eventually going to mix my own water. I just changed the water but didn't do anything else and it still went down a good amount. I'm going to let it slowly work it's way down. Thanks everyone.