prodibio biokit reef

5ft24

got my kit today... Kind of cute. Tiny box with 30 little ampoules in it...
biodigest is nitrifying and nitrate to nitrogen converting bacteria
Bioptim is an "optimizer" for the bacteria... supposed to help it to multiply faster.
reef booster is a nutrient supplement for coral with zooanthellae and microplankton diets
Iodi+ Iodine supplement
Stronti+ Strontium supplement

turned off the return pump and added the first 2. after 2 hours, restarted the pump. They say to do so to allow the bacteria to settle into the rock and substrate.
Added the Iodi+ and Stronti+ to the sump and let them circ for about 20 minutes.

Finally shut down the skimmer and added the Reef Booster. Looks like a thick yellow goo and makes the tank cloudy. Have to restart the skimmer in the AM. We'll see if it makes any difference. Supposed to do this once every 2 weeks...

5ft24

Just used the last dose of the kit.
Water has been exceptionally clear, corals vibrant and fish/inverts etc all seem very happy.
The only con I have found is the reef booster is a thick yellow "cream". It clouds the tank for a couple hours, but that is the only drawback.

Sounds promising. Did you notice any nuisance algae dieback or lowered N or P values while using the kit?

What would it cost per year if you continued usage? One kit only lasts 2-3 months? Does that mean $200 per year for your 75g?

5ft24

Sounds promising. Did you notice any nuisance algae dieback or lowered N or P values while using the kit?

What would it cost per year if you continued usage? One kit only lasts 2-3 months? Does that mean $200 per year for your 75g?
Yep, for 75 to 100G, it's 12 weeks worth.
On the algae, I didn't have any when I started using it, except for diatoms. When I skipped a dose (laziness etc) there was a slow rise in N, and I picked up some hair algae. After the next dose, the hair algae didn't die off, but it quit growing, and my Nitrates dropped by 2/3 (60 down to 20... I feed pretty heavily)

JOSE CASAS

Premium Member
Supporter
i noticed that i didn't need the rb till later on my dosing. it seems at first my nutrients where nit low enough and the rb where not helping to bring them down.

Latest posts