reefers dosing 3part, question for you.

I am planning to switch over to 3 part dosing and give my reactor a break. For those that dose
ca, alk, and mg. do you guys buy them chemicals from your local hardware store? or like brs. any suggestions on the best and simplest way to dose ie: triple brs doser, manual dosing of some type?, I'm not too sure if i want to stay on dosing or revert back to the reactor, so i want to give it a try without buying the pricey dosers, anyway to dose simply? also, Anyone know how to calculate the dosing amounts on a daily basis for a mostly sps tank? any advice would be much appreciated, thanks in advance..

135g. cube 30 sump and currently dosing vodka.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
buy from brs i use a litermeter 3 dose about 110ml per day of each mg i just pour it in every weekend and test 1x a month
i would get that bubble magnus

I was reading over randys 2part system and sounds pretty simple enough to start and maintain.

Sanh, is your dosing basically the same a the randys 2/3 part recipe?. after much thought of switching to 2-3part, and the simplicity of dosing versus the constant meddling with the reactor, I want to start on it right away. Would you know if all three products can be purchase from home depot or lowes?

Hows your brother been, is he still smelling like fish bait from being on the charter fishing boats?

Last edited:

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
i was going to go with a reactor but too funky for me. here too much story about stuff sticking and reactor goes crazy killing the whole tank. if you have time drop by we can talk and so you the dosing system
fishing been slow. he hasnt been working the boats. once in a while he wil go. he is trying to be fish and game. heheheheh....