what kind of acan is this?

blackmamba

i traded this guy a while back for this acan... both of us did not know what kind it was. hope one of you guys know what kind it is thanks!

Attachments

mine does not have the green eye though
Technically, not all a cans which are orange crush have the green eyes. Just like everthingnthey are different grades of the same coral. It also depends upon lighting, if the coral is in really low light it will develop more greens, in higher light it will develop more oranges/browns.

sigh...

orange crush has to have green eyes that don't change colors... if it has some green eyes, it's rainbow echinata... rainbow echinata can have all kinds of colors and will change colors depending on temperature and lighting... rainbow echinata can also turn all blue... i've had mine light blue base with purple eyes... but now it's just burgandy and stuff because i switched to T5's...

also, orange crush has different type of growth... it grows thicker than the rainbow... rainbow usually grows flat like a chalice... orange crush grows up like a normal acan... rainbow echinata is also a lot more aggressive than the orange crush... i know from experience...

blackmamba

Technically, not all a cans which are orange crush have the green eyes. Just like everthingnthey are different grades of the same coral. It also depends upon lighting, if the coral is in really low light it will develop more greens, in higher light it will develop more oranges/browns.
ok that makes sence thanks