Coral Gazers, Tustin

reef girl

Beautiful pictures!!! I can't wait to head out there next weekend. Let us know if you guys have a big grand opening party with hot dogs...I'm a sucker for bacon wrapped hot dogs and acans.

Beautiful pictures!!! I can't wait to head out there next weekend. Let us know if you guys have a big grand opening party with hot dogs...I'm a sucker for bacon wrapped hot dogs and acans.
LOL, Geezuz. I think you are thinking of the Orange County fair. Not CG....well maybe for there CANS! Thank you for the picture compliments BTW!

Mike, that lens is sick. I hope you forget it at the shop (by accident of course, swoop). Really nice pics.
Thanks mang. Umm, pretty sure I will tear the entire store apart looking for the lens...YES it costs that much! BTW thanks for taking my Golden Torch home. I was looking forward to swooping that up from you.

Clifford

Premium sponsor
Thanks mang. Umm, pretty sure I will tear the entire store apart looking for the lens...YES it costs that much! BTW thanks for taking my Golden Torch home. I was looking forward to swooping that up from you.
Yeah, I know. I just really, really, really want one now. Even with my $5 camera took great pics with that lens.

Yeah, I know. I just really, really, really want one now. Even with my $5 camera took great pics with that lens.
I definitely agree the LENS makes all the difference in the world. Now you see why I always tell people, but the Canon XSI and then spend the extra money to get a quality lens. The human eye can't tell the difference between a 12mp DSLR and an 18mp DSLR. Hi-Res is Hi-Res regardless.

reef girl

OMG, I just need to stop buying coral and invest in a good camera. Mike, how much will a good camera with lense run me? I'm going to buy it for myself but give it to Jesse for father's Day. I'm so messed up.

BTW, I went to LFS who had bacon wrapped hotdogs at their event....just saying

OMG, I just need to stop buying coral and invest in a good camera. Mike, how much will a good camera with lense run me? I'm going to buy it for myself but give it to Jesse for father's Day. I'm so messed up.

BTW, I went to LFS who had bacon wrapped hotdogs at their event....just saying
Brooke,

It really all depends upon how much you want to spend. I mean there are some great packages out there on DSLRs, but it is all upon what you want to spend and what you are really looking to do with the camera. If you want to take macro photography like my pictures you are going to need to invest some money. Not really in the camera itself as again, most people's eyes won't notice the difference between 12mp and 18mp. Granted I got my camera new when the T1i first came out, but my setup as I have it right now is about $1,700. The camera package I got being right about $1,000 and the Macro lens being about $700 after taxes and everything.

The basic beginning cameras from canon start at around $500.00 and go up from there. I don't know what I would invest anything more than the T1i which is $750 if you are not planning on using it for other things.

Here is the Canon link to all there camera's with a stock lens on them, so you can get an idea of the prices...
CANON CAMERAS!!!

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
only when you start blowing them up and printing those pictures
I definitely agree the LENS makes all the difference in the world. Now you see why I always tell people, but the Canon XSI and then spend the extra money to get a quality lens. The human eye can't tell the difference between a 12mp DSLR and an 18mp DSLR. Hi-Res is Hi-Res regardless.

only when you start blowing them up and printing those pictures
Even then you wouldn't notice the difference. Most people are not going to blow up pictures the size of banners. For even a 11.5x14 photo you will not notice the difference between 12.2 and 18mp. Not if it was the Canon Mark 1D that might be a different story considering it is like 37 or 39mp.

For most people who aren't blowing up pictures past say a 10"x10" photo, it will all look the same. I say get a cheaper body and spend the extra money on a better lens. It will make all the difference in the world.