SPS not extending polyps

zigginit

whats your temp at? i just saw a documentary on coral and it showed time laps of a coral as the temp raised by 2 degrees C and it killed it!

What size is it? I had a horrible time with my birdsnest. I had to move mine to the bottom of the tank on my t5 side and metal halide side. I also have very low flow on them now. The t5 side birsnest is very furry but not a lot of color and the MH side has bright pink tips but not as furry. The parts that died I left because they started to grow again on the tips the rest that didn't gro I trimmed off. The dead parts are all purple now so it looks kinda cool.
As for phosphate are u using real ocean water or makin it yourself and do u have a refugium. If you need some cheato I can give you a whole lot when u pick up your frag.

Last edited:

5ft24

What size is it? I had a horrible time with my birdsnest. I had to move mine to the bottom of the tank on my t5 side and metal halide side. I also have very low flow on them now. The t5 side birsnest is very furry but not a lot of color and the MH side has bright pink tips but not as furry. The parts that died I left because they started to grow again on the tips the rest that didn't gro I trimmed off. The dead parts are all purple now so it looks kinda cool.
As for phosphate are u using real ocean water or makin it yourself and do u have a refugium. If you need some cheato I can give you a whole lot when u pick up your frag.
It's several frags on one plug, but about 2 1/2" tall.

I make my own water, B-Ionic Seawater System. Use nothing but RO/DI water to make it with and to top off the tank. Built my own 20 gallon fuge this weekend, going to try to get it plumbed in this weekend.
Right now I have a fist sized ball of chaeto, but can definitely use more!
Thanks

It's several frags on one plug, but about 2 1/2" tall.

I make my own water, B-Ionic Seawater System. Use nothing but RO/DI water to make it with and to top off the tank. Built my own 20 gallon fuge this weekend, going to try to get it plumbed in this weekend.
Right now I have a fist sized ball of chaeto, but can definitely use more!
Thanks
when ya pick up the frag for the contest remind me I will give ya a grip

Well when I had my tank running in the beggining I had 5 heads of geen FS melt away for no reasons. Only thing I could ever attribute was an DKH 12 with Calc at 550 and Mag at 1700. Everything else did well and I kept up with weekly WC. Then did something ballsy and bought $130 worth of LR and corals. Rechecked parameters a week later and my DKH was at 9 with a calc of 450 and Mag at 1200 LOL!. Needless say for a long time I couldnt get my DKH/MAG/Calc to go down until I stuffed my tank with a heavy bio load. Dunno maybe a form of chemical warfare between other corals or a parasite type of infection?