What is a good heater to get..

johnwin84

Premium Member
Supporter
My tank is getting cold..i current have a ebo jag (250 watt) heater and i dont think it is working. ( it's alteast 10 years old...i got it from my cousin) What brand do you guy use..

btw my tank is only 65 gallon

Last edited:

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Im using 2 cheap pacific coast heaters from Customaquatic. Its cheap, heats the tank, but the glass that it is made out of is very cheap. One of them broke on me in the tank. I got a nice zap from that.
I think those ebo jagers are usually reliable, but hasnt prices sky rocketed?

dwl

isn't the Ebo Jager an Eheim heater? I could have sworn that it has Eheim on the box.
Anyways, I have a couple of them and they work just fine.
Maybe you could get a second one and run them together, that might help to keep the temp where you want it.

HTH

I bought a titanium finnex heater for my tank. The cord is seriously too short. I took it back where i bought it and they couldn't believe how short it was either. It was a new heater that they just got in. The reason why i took it back instead of running an extension cord was because the temp. controls for the heater was located on the plug itself. i was hoping to have the controls up on the wall socket so that it was easily accessible for adjustment. didn't work out that way.

Latest posts