When do you give up on an SPS

doc585

My buddy gave me a couple of frags yesterday that where in really bad shape. I thought I would try to my best to bring them back, but I dont know when there is no hope. They are pretty bleached out. I saw mild polyp extension from one of the frags but the other two have not shown much life. Is there a sign that they are beyond bringing back.

DETANE

GOD is good all the time.
I have had friends give me bleached out sps and I have brought them back fully colored up and healthy with crazy polyp extension. Never give up unless it's already dead.

When its a white skeleton and algae grows on it then its time to give up on it. If its brown or bleached you can always bring it back to life!

doc585

when you are bringing them back are you feeding them more than regular, or just trying to provide the best water and light parameters as possible

DETANE

GOD is good all the time.
Give them good water,flow, and feeding. My system stays in check so all I have to do is drop it in my tank and that's all.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
I had a 10 inch montipora that I thought was a goner during a move...bleached, algae on it...2 weeks later I noticed polyps...and a few months later..it looked normal again..same thing with a few frags as well...Ive learned that SPS is really hardy...

doc585

thank you for all the feed back. I have no idea what the frags are so maybe I will be pleasantly surprised in a few months