Chalice Question

So... In my nano I have a colony of Alien Eye Chalice, it's about 4"x5"

I neglected my nano for a while and I didn't notice that the salinity went up to 1.030 until I saw my chalice and softies all wrinkly.

The chalice fell of the "bone" and it's only on its soft spot... it still looks nice but now it's a ball of chalice with no bone...

how the hell do I fix this? lol

you think so? it's been like that for a month

so its a ball of flesh floating around your tank now? not sure i know what your talking about. got a pic?

it's not floating around, it's down between the rocks so it's not floating around... it's just a ball of chalice lol I'll try to get some pics

no lol what the hell have you been doing to your favia
they do bite... when they die, the teeth get welded together somehow... i guess the excess calcium leaks out when they die...

like plate corals... you ever had one before...? have you seen the way they walk...? their plates and bones move up and down... it seems like it's a bunch of popcicle sticks in a pouch sometimes... inside, they also have rows of teeth to help them eat... but once it does, all of those bones that help make it walk, move and chew get welded together...

JOSE CASAS

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow Gumbii you have some imagination! I agree with Gumbii most likely a goner. OH btw pix or it never happened lol.