The I AM Really close to quitting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far the last two weeks have sucked pretty badly. We are having some issues with our 4 legged pets and my wife and I can't agree on the right course. In addition a bunch of stuff around the house is breaking down and needs some repairs that I am just not having the free time for. Now on to the tank. My protein skimmer is randomly overskimming then not skimming well at all. There is no pattern to it. The great thermostat incident of 2007 brought the tank temp down to 64 overnight 17 degrees below what the tank averages. Lost 2 acros to RTN due to stupidity (forgot how ruthless acan echinatas are). Lost my pregnant male dragon faced pipefish and my Desadjini Tang. Got a pest issue kind of like red bugs but they aren't red bugs. And just when I was thinking things were beginning to look up I look into the tank today and say "oh dear coral x fell off it's spot let me retrieve it and put it back" that was an hour and a half ago before the rockslide and the attempt to fix it. If I have one more disaster this week I might just be done.

Ariel:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Suck it up son! Now go rub some dirt on it and get back in the game!
Hang in there bro.
Hey even I need to vent every once in a while. I do occasionally have feelings too. Oh well venting felt good now I can go back to deciding what corals I like and which to cast into the ether for sale or trade. Thanks for not smacking me as hard as I probably deserved for whining:D

Unfortunately Ariel, setbacks are part of the game here. We all have had our share and will continue to deal with them in the future. The good thing is they really do make us pay more attention and try to figure out the what's and why's so we can do them better next time around. Figuring out what won't work do make us better hobbyists and appreciate the animals that we take care that much more. We are all here to help so just holler when the time comes.

greg, you read my mind.!!!

here is something that help me through lot of things....

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
Confucius

greg, you read my mind.!!!

here is something that help me through lot of things....

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
Confucius
Yah yah yah I just had to vent been a tough week and it wasn't really the tank irritating me. I'm back in the game already. The game won't end over 2 bad weeks not after 20+ years of fish tanks.

I will be getting rid of corals that I don't care for though. Anyone interested in a particular piece feel free to ask for trades or to buy. I am only going to be having corals that I like from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts