Coral Cienega

T$sps

This fish store never ceases to amaze me with their underlying tones of making a quick buck, regardless of the health of their customers tank. I am a long time customer letting you know about their tactics. Learned a long time ago not to buy coral there, then found out the hard way during a water change that they water down their saltwater. Just shows how low some places can go. If you're in Costa Mesa beware.

Last edited:
means that they probably sell SW at 1.020 or so... that sucks... you should let them know their faults though... not with anger, but to let them know that's not the way you run things... maybe they'll change, and thank you...

or maybe they're like that girl from hong kong fast food on florence blvd and alameda blvd that rolled her eyes at me, then was super SUPER rude at jose and I... then she said to get my own straw... then looked at us funny when we asked for diet and steamed rice... i should've told her stuff and gave her a dollar in her tip jar to fix those messed up chola eye brows... but i'm glad I threw all of my uneaten food on the floor by our table so she can clean it up... i hope she remembers that next time she rolls her eyes at someone that asks for diet soda and steamed rice...

Here's a detailed explanation.
When you make sea salt it "usually" takes 3 cups of sea salt to 5 gallons of water for reefs, but for fish only, it only takes 2 1/2 cups of sea salt to 5 gallons of water, so when they say "watered down salt water" it means that they didn't put enough salt mix per gallon of water, got it? Oh and the water has to be clean, like RO, or deionized water! ( this is only an example, for different salt mixes use different measurements.)

I recommend that you get a refractometer! and make sure your reef salinity is at 1.025, but no greater 1.026, and some kind of ATO (auto top off) meaning that as your water evaporates, water is being replaced so that your salinity doesn't fluctuate. note that when water evaporates, the salt doesn't evaporate so when you replenish water, make sure it has no salt at all. The only time you add salt water to your tank, is when you do water changes. Hope this is helpful.