T-5 bulb arrangement

I would say the Superactinic is more on the purple side. It's what makes the corals fluoresce and pop. I think a lot of people confuse the blue look with what actually make corals fluoresce. The Blueplus will give you the blue look but it takes the Superactinics to do the rest.

I would say the Superactinic is more on the purple side. It's what makes the corals fluoresce and pop. I think a lot of people confuse the blue look with what actually make corals fluoresce. The Blueplus will give you the blue look but it takes the Superactinics to do the rest.
yup I agree. I Find these bulbs do the most to make your corals to bling. You gotta have at least 2 in your setup.

imo, Mike

Ok, so this is what I'm thinking for my tank:

Front

ATI Blue+
ATI Pro Color
ATI Blue+
GE 6500K
ATI Actinic Blue
ATI Aqua Blue

You think this will give me the look I want? Thanks for all the help

Deven

Unfortunately, you won't really know until you try it. Keep in mind that the AquaBlue is really a white bulb. Then you have the 6500K, which is more yellow. That leaves only 3 bulbs that'll give you the blue color. Personally, I would consider another Blue+ instead of the AquaBlue.

Unfortunately, you won't really know until you try it. Keep in mind that the AquaBlue is really a white bulb. Then you have the 6500K, which is more yellow. That leaves only 3 bulbs that'll give you the blue color. Personally, I would consider another Blue+ instead of the AquaBlue.
:dito:

Sorry to dig up this old thread guys, but I've been searching for a link (to RC I think) to someone who has all kinds of info on different T5 bulb combinations. I could have sworn I someone reference it on this board. Anyone know what I'm talking about?