When did the fairly common alien eye chalice become a 'watermelon' variant?!

What's up with people selling the purple with green eye/rim alien eye chalice as a 'purple' or hybrid watermelon chalice? I've seen large colonies of that coral in peoples tanks and in LFS in the midwest, do people really think they are that rare or something?

What's up with people selling the purple with green eye/rim alien eye chalice as a 'purple' or hybrid watermelon chalice? I've seen large colonies of that coral in peoples tanks and in LFS in the midwest, do people really think they are that rare or something?
I bought a nice purple with green eye and rim chalice from Rukis a while back for 20 bucks at Hugo's backyard swap last year.

I think that is just the name game at its finest and hopefully most people wont get suckered.

tub's alien eye is not a hybrid watermelon at all... but, it is considered a watermelon now... since everything that has a green rim is now dubbed a watermelon... but, to be fair, tub's alien eye was not named a watermelon when it came out in 2005... but whatever... it's still a watermelon chalice by everyone's definition of a chalice... but it is not in it's name...