Fish Collection

I want to hear your thoughts on this store. I am thinking about getting some of their LEDs. I also would like to hear your thoughts on the LEDs. Also any of you that go there, would he take a trade for some of his LEDs?

I've been to Fish Collection quite a few times and Jimmy is the one you want to deal anything with not his wife lol. I like his LED set up and seems like good ones he's got. I was gonna get some but stuck with my ATI module instead.

As for trading, I don't know but it doesn't hurt to ask. He's real cool imo.

Thanks Kat. Some other members recommended me to the store and they seem to have good prices, so I thought I would see what some others thought.

I've purchased quite a bit from him and his prices to me are reasonable. He gets in some good stuff with some of his shipments. Clean store too!

G-Tank

Premium Member
Supporter
Can't say much about their dry goods but the salt water live stock is decent but kinda pricy. Try Socal Tropical Fish in Fullerton. They have alot of dry goods stock and the owner is chill. They just moved into a bigger place too.

They do have some nice livestock. Jimmy will definitely hook you up, I have been there a few times and bought stuff almost everytime.

Here is an example of his quality...this is a shroom that they were selling at CFM two years ago. Obviously I shot the picture, but it was under his LEDs.

]

i got his 120 led fixture the other week at a 2 to 1 blue/white ratio.. best darn lighting investment so far..

I'm warning ya'll...

prior to this investment I went the economical route for LEDs and bought 5 - 13 watt panels of LEDs for $25 each and a single 40 watt panel for $155, all from LEDwholesaler off of ebay... Almost 300 loss since they all can't do much for coral.. only the 40 watt panel works left.. everything else is fried...

You've all been warn, spend the extra money for something legit w/ a warranty or pay dearly!...

have a good one :)

Thanks Wally, I was hoping you would chime in. You seem to be the most knowledgeable about Fish Collection. Do you think they will negotiate the price on the LEDs if we do a trade? I am probably going to need 2 of the 120 watt fixtures for my tank, what do you think? The dimensions are 36"x15"x20" deep.

I have had three of jimmys first gen leds and the white body and they are amazing the run cool low power draw and for the folks not into the hobby the wow factor when you shut down the whites and people realizing that all the **** is alive thats where we get new hobbyist

alexquoc

Used to go to Jimmy's shop alot but found that his prices are not the best prices out there. He does bring his prices down when you ask but normally it's the same asking price of online retailers. He does have a good selection of LPS and sometimes clams.