anything good in south orange county?

the only LFS i know of in SO OC is capistrano reef, oceans, sandbar, and oc tropical. none of which i feel are worth going to
so if anyone knows of some cool local stores i would love to hear your input

Nope. The only one I recommend is Capo Reef. I go in there occasionally, I actually just went there this last weekend and they seem to be doing well. I was talking with Ron, one of the owners and he said that they have been lagging a little bit due to some large aquarium installations. But are going to be picking it up dramatically in the store in the next month or so.

He said he is going to post a ton of stuff here on SoCaliReefs, it sounded like they might be having some different events and so forth. Would be pretty cool of a store to do....maybe a big frag swap or something? Just an idea?

Nope. The only one I recommend is Capo Reef. I go in there occasionally, I actually just went there this last weekend and they seem to be doing well. I was talking with Ron, one of the owners and he said that they have been lagging a little bit due to some large aquarium installations. But are going to be picking it up dramatically in the store in the next month or so.

He said he is going to post a ton of stuff here on SoCaliReefs, it sounded like they might be having some different events and so forth. Would be pretty cool of a store to do....maybe a big frag swap or something? Just an idea?
your an awesome forum member you reply to everything!:ciao:

capo has really nice frags but every person ive talked to there seems to know very little. ive heard a guy there test the water of a customer and tell her that her water hardness is what killed her tomato clown. the same guy also tried to convince me that pH is something i shouldnt even monitor because its going to different every time you test. ron definitely is my favorite guy there.

your an awesome forum member you reply to everything!:ciao:

capo has really nice frags but every person ive talked to there seems to know very little. ive heard a guy there test the water of a customer and tell her that her water hardness is what killed her tomato clown. the same guy also tried to convince me that pH is something i shouldnt even monitor because its going to different every time you test. ron definitely is my favorite guy there.
Well thank you... I wish everyone else felt the same....lol! But I guess you win some and lose some. I definitely like Ron and his wife they are super cool. I have dealt with them quite a bit, they even let me shoot pictures in there store!!! As for the other staff, I don't really know or deal with them too much. I would stick with Ron and he will guide you in the right direction as well as help you out and hook you up.

i like going to coral oasis in costa mesa, coral gazers in tustin (a bit expensive but has high end corals), and i do tropical fish outlet off of chapman in fullerton (their prices on fish werent too bad). Pacific Reef in HB is pretty alright too.

Try Coral Island in Fullerton. They have nice coral and the prices are good. They are close to Toms place but on West Chapman.

+1 on Coral Island...if you're looking for a good LFS that has a lot of nice corals and cheap frags check out Coral Island I gaurantee you'll come back and visit them again...and again =)

T$sps

Amazing aquariums in orange and coral gasses in Tustin. Stay away from coral oasis, unless you liked overpriced, overly common coral... 25 dollars for a small Xenia plug

Latest posts