jason142's 180

jason142

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, I've had to change my sump out for awhile now because the back seam started to split. I used a couple of straps to hold it together and it has worked great so far but don't want to push it any longer. I bought another 60g and made the baffles with acrylic just like my last one but made some changes that I wish I would have done the first time. All in all I paid around $140 for everything, this is the progress so far.

jason142

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, here it is installed and running great. Still have a little bit of cord management to do but all in all very happy with the changes that I made.

jason142

Premium Member
Supporter
I was looking at some of your pics from last year. What happened to all the crazy SPS on the top center?
I ended up getting AEFW and then left on a six month deployment. While gone the wife was taking care of the tank and forgot to baste off the corals and they took out quite a few colonys. I still have some of the originals but I cut everything into frags and did an 8 week bayer dipping process. I am now on the 1 month wait period and then dipping again on the 15th to see if anything comes off, hopefully I got rid of those bastards!!!!!!

jason142

Premium Member
Supporter
So I had a hell of a Saturday. Wife and I went to the store to get some stuff for fathers day and when we came home my return pump was throwing bubbles up into the display. I quickly take off my doors and see that the water level was low so I turned off the pump really quick and started to look around. The bottom of my stand was completely filled with water and there is a huge crack all the way across the back of sump. I called Mark at AW and I was lucky they had a sump in stock, not really what I wanted but in a pinch what can you do. I got it home and had to modify the plumbing a little but got it all plumbed in. I finally finished with everything around 1am, crazy day but thankfully everything turned out ok. I still have some cord management to take care of later but for right now it will have to do. Here is a picture the sump then I started playing with the camera on my phone and took some top down pics, I am very impressed with how they came out.
Here is a picture of the old sump with the crack. I already repaired one on the other side, should have took that as a sign and just went ahead and bought a new one at that time.

Here is the new one

And now for some coral pics.

Latest posts