tank stand question

i am either going to make, or have made a stand for my 34g cube.
it is 20"x20"x20"
i want the stand to be 45" tall, making the top of the tank at 65".
will this be an issue as far as being to top heavy, it makes me nervous putting 400lbs+ that high on a pedestal. most stands are at 30", bring it up 15" changes the CG of the tank. i know the weight is pushed straight down to the base, making it stable, but just want some other takes on it.
think it'll be ok?
thanks
jon

Wannareef

Depending if you have room at the bottom where your putting the stand, you can make the bottom plat form bigger, if you make the bottom piece 26"X26", this will give you 3" more inches of stabilty all the way around for the tank with out having to make the whole stand bigger, you can do it in any size you like, the 26"X26" was just a thought.

All you need to do is make sure that the stand has good lateral bracing so the legs don't fold up on you. I don't think it would be a problem.

hmm, yeah i am still trying to figure out where i want to put it. bracing it would make it a more permanent spot. i tend to move my tank around every 3-4 months when i rearrange my place. but definitely makes sense to do that.