Need everybody's ideas

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Now that I have some $ to work with thanks to our kind sponsors up above, I would like to apply it all to this site. What would you guys like to see changed here. I would love to totally renovate this site and make it look more clean and profession. But I need ideas from you guys. Maybe link other forums that you think is nice looking and we can all vote on it. I will hire a profession webdesigner to design this site. I like the look of this site www.r6messagenet.com.

Other ideas include, making socalireefs tshirts and giving them away....
Since I am consistently getting flagged on craigslist, I would love to advertise this forum somewhere else. Any ideas where I can do this so the community will continue to grow?

Any other ideas?
Thanks guys
-Mike

Last edited:

pookstreet

I personally really like the look of this site. Maybe put some money into making the site and pages load a bit faster, if possible.

I personally really like the look of this site. Maybe put some money into making the site and pages load a bit faster, if possible.
i like the look of this site as well... i would just like to be able to log into this site without so many blank screens... :)

btw, you're doing a great job mikee...

i think shirts aren't a bad idea... send me a xl and i'll wear it everytime i go to my lfs... i promise!!! :) :ciao:

How about making it so that when you type in www.socalireefs.com it actually opens up the site. For the longest time all I get is a blank page. It works when you add /forums to it, but someone new probably wouldn't know that.

I like the look of the site as well.. Investing money into the site is always a good thing. The t-shirt thing is a great idea. Just you being accessible is good enough for me. Whatever issues or questions I've had you've gotten back to me right away. Overall I'm happy with the site...

The name of Socalireefs is narrow for the reefers. They (reefers from different state) might think it's only for the Socal reefers. I suggest that if you can change to another the name, you might get more reefers or sponsors around the world to join in.

Last edited:

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Here's an :idea:

If you have extra cash for the board, how about raising the image size limit a little? I know this uses up more bandwidth but will make it easier on those that have to resize every pic before posting. I'm aware of the hosting your pics and inserting links, if I have to go that route I rather not post.

Could the attached pics be posted full size instead of thumbnails? Is this another bandwidth issue?
I dont believe I have a limit on it, i need to double check.

Last one and I have to run.

How about removing the Moderator column from the Forum Index page.

I'm all for KISS and there are more things I would like to see removed, but I'll leave that for another time. Maybe for the swap if I go.
Actually, Ive been thinking the same thing. Im sure we all know who the moderators are now. Ill have them colorized in the bottom for the new members. Thanks UserName!

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
The name of Socalireefs is narrow for the reefers. They (reefers from different state) might think it's only for the Socal reefers. I suggest that if you can change to another the name, you might get more reefers or sponsors around the world to join in.
Well the forum is dedicated to so cal reefers only, by expanding it, I will be competing with reefcentral etc and I will prob fail miserably. I might have a section for non so cal residence though:idea:

d34532

Improving the website speed would be great. Not sure why but the site is very slow now in both chat and loading of website is much much slower then say 3 months ago. I know how you feel about the chitchat causing lack of post but to me the chitchat is really a big plus about this site. I know I posted on other thread about this but I'll state it here also. Removing chitchat from surfing the thread is not user friendly because those that don't want to see it can turn it off. Those that do like it can no longer use use chitchat and surf the thread. If im free and friends are on the chitchat and we are not talking about "useful" i'll stay on the chitchat and ignore new post since I can no longer do both at the same time. I also don't really go back and read old post older then a day but that is just me. Im not saying my post to thread is all that great but the load time to go back and forward is sometimes around 3mins to go back and forth.

Latest posts