Question About Carpet Anemone

Hey guys, i have a question and need your help. Does anyone have a carpet anemone? I saw a small-medium size green carpet anemone that is attached to a fist size rock at my lfs, and was told that he wouldn't move much since he is already stuck to the rock... What do you guys think? I am planning of putting him on my sandbed and don't want him all over my rock work stinging my corals. I've been wanting one for my black clowns. If anyone has a carpet, let me know what their behavior is please... Thanks! :top:

i don't have a carpet...but if an anemone isn't happy, whether attached to a rock or not, it's gonna move. there is probably a better chance of it staying put, but no guaruntee.

Clam

I had one 10 years ago and it moved until it found the best water flow. The current will be more important to the anemone than the rock.

carpets move incessantly and are prone to getting stuck in powerheads. They also get really big, but it takes years to get huge. They also have a very powerful sting, that actually does hurt. I had one for about three years before my heater malfunctioned and killed my whole tank.

Check out this guy, 16" across...
http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?ddid=36037&siteid=20

carpets move incessantly and are prone to getting stuck in powerheads. They also get really big, but it takes years to get huge. They also have a very powerful sting, that actually does hurt. I had one for about three years before my heater malfunctioned and killed my whole tank.

Check out this guy, 16" across...
http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?ddid=36037&siteid=20
hey i saw a red one at eye candy about a month ago for $300 i think... that's when i started thinking about getting one. :)

Latest posts