plumbing right now, finally!

Ok so i finally got my tank. It is a 140 oceanic starphire. What I am thinking about doing is both returns on one overflow (it has two 1'' holes) and the other overflow would be the drains (two 1 " holes w/ 3/4" or I could keep it all at 1".

I plan on using one of the drains at 1" and running a closed loop with a dart and return with a 3/4". The other 1" drain would feed my sump and return on a 3/4" with another small pump. Any problems there?

Or I can drop both 1" returns into my sump with filter sock and G4 skimmer and then back to the 2) 3/4" returns, with the dart feeding the returns.

Please let me know what you think as I am ready to plumb RIGHT NOW!

Wannareef

I have a 135g, both 1" drain feed into the sump w/filter sock,thru the skimmer, accross to the refugium and overflows to the mag 24 pump to feed 2 1" returns, I have 1 of the returns going from 1" to 1/2" lock lines and the other one goes from 1" to 3/4' lock line, I had the 1/2" but bought the 3/4", should of bought the 1/2" for the other side, it would of given me more water movement, which is what I prefer.

ASommers

I wouldn't suggest using the Dart as a return, otherwise I see you coming back and asking how to get rid of all the micro bubbles. Also using it as a closed loop the dart has a 2" intake and a 1.5" exhaust so your going to cut the flow a ton with just a 3/4".I would suggest making a over the top closed loop, this would give you more flexibility and more flow.