ASM G2 VS EuroReef RS80

For your experience, which is a better skimmer for a 100 gallon tank with heavy load? Not concern about the price but who's a better work horse....

Raskal311

For a 100gal with high bioload I would definitely go with a G3 or RS135. If price were the same go with the Euro-reef, if the ASM is priced 15% cheaper go with the ASM. We run all ASM and Euro-reef in our store and I find them both to produce the same.

Thanks. It seems that the ASM would be a better work horse due to it's larger neck size than the ER which has a thinner neck and smaller body.

ivgonmad

Thanks. It seems that the ASM would be a better work horse due to it's larger neck size than the ER which has a thinner neck and smaller body.
they use the same pumps so the wider neck is not as good as the ER imo, if you upgrade the pump on the G2 to a bigger one it should improve and the wider neck will be more appropriately matched to the pump.

Som1else

I run a G3 on my 75 reef. My fish consist of 4 chromis, 2 false percs, A sixline wrasse, a mandarin and a yellow watchman goby. Is that considered a heavy load?

ER skimmers are top notch.... the ASM is the toyota of Lexus....

you can do a lot of things to the G series skimmers that i probably would no attempt with a ER. a little bit of tinkering you can make the ASM a beast.

bore out the venturi, meshmod the impeller, gate valve, maybe a homemade neck extension...

they are good skimmers for the money. I have used them all. I still like ER. but if the budget doesnt allow.... the ASM is a good second choice....

Thanks for the replies. It looks like pound per pound EuroReef is the choice between the two without any modification.:rock:

Latest posts